Committed to exceeding your expectations for precision & value
You'll find HPM metal strip and foil in applications wherever quality, precision and consistency are critical design and performance requirements. Central to our reputation for precision are our engineering and manufacturing capabilities, including:
- Z-high mill and Sendzimir mills for production of strip and foil from .0005" to .075" in thickness and in widths up to 15" maximum. We also roll ultra-thin foils as thin as .000060" and in widths up to 4"
- Computer-controlled gauging systems to ensure consistency within a coil and from process lot to process lot
- Precision strip slitters, with a thickness range of .0004" to .075", to slit strip to a minimum width of .029", with excellent control of camber and burr … foil slitters, built in-house, to slit foil as thin as .000060" to widths as narrow as .010"
- Strand-annealing furnaces for in-process and final annealing to obtain optimum mechanical properties … hydrogen, nitrogen and argon protective atmospheres are available in temperatures up to 2200°F … temperature, speed and dewpoint are closely monitored to provide superior process control
- In-house grinding and/or lapping of the mill work rolls to produce desired surface finishes … flash pickling to remove stains and tenacious oxides … and ongoing tensile and hardness testing during production for superior quality control
What began in 1939 as an outgrowth of the Hamilton Watch Company is now a global presence and the leading specialty re-roller of almost every alloy made today.
New ZR 24 14" rolling mill further expands product capabilities
HPM acquired by Ametek